Tuesday, July 28, 2009

She Speaks!

This weekend, I will be attending the She Speaks conference in North Carolina. Talk about nerves, excitement, anxiety, and flat-out hurry-up-and-get-here anticipation!

I know God wants me at this conference; He has great things in store for me over the coming weekend.....but my stomach is in knots over the "what ifs". What if I'm horrible? What if I'm really not cut out for a career in speaking? What if I'm really not a good writer? When these silly fears raise their ugly heads, I must remember that I KNOW beyond a shadow of doubt that God has called me to this place.

He set me apart before I was born....and ever since I was a young girl, I have known there were books and words and a passion for writing deep within me. I don't have to be little miss perfect speaker or writer at this conference.
I just have to show up with my heart for Jesus, and He will teach me. He will give me the words to speak - HIS words, not my words.

The Lord is full of compassion, and I can just picture Him kind of laughing at my finite perception of the gifts and talents He has given me. What a wonder He is...and what a silly girl I am at times. To even think that He won't equip me to flesh out the skills He has given me. Not for my own glory, but for His glory alone.

Psalms 25:4-5
"Show me Your way, O Lord. Teach me Your path. Guide me in Your truth and teach me. For you are God, my Savior; and my hope is in YOU all day long...."

Praise the Lord from whom all blessings flow! I'm praying He will just knock my socks off this weekend....and that He will fan the flame of the Spirit in the depths of my soul!
Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Whitney said...

Be sure to look me up and say hi this weekend. Don't over think it or let Satan freak you out. Rest assured this will be an AWESOME weekend. You will truly never forget it. Can't wait to hug your neck!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Looking forward to meeting you on Friday. The Lord has wonderful plans for this weekend. :)

Runner Mom said...

Hey! We are going to have a big party with Jesus!! It is a wonderful experience!! I can't wait to meet you! When does your flight get in??

Hugs!
Susan

Sarah said...

I am also attending SheSpeaks and this will be my first ever writer's conference! I won a devotion contest that paid for the conference. I'm exctied but unsure what to expect.

Unknown said...

Looking forward to meeting you!

Love,
Tammy

Have a great rest of your week!