Thursday, February 26, 2009

Quiet Time

I haven't posted a blog in over a week now, and I'm antsy to get back on here!!
I just have to say - I'm so hopeful in Jesus today. For the past few weeks, I have up-and-down-stressed-to-the-max-and-mostly-cranky. With the wonderful state of the economy these days, coupled with a boss that I love but who drives me insane, I have been a hot mess.
I wake up in the morning, even half dreading my quiet time. Which is REALLY ridiculous, since God is the only One who can tie my head on straight.
Have you ever struggled with the discipline of regularly spending time with the Lord? It's amazing to me that out of all our daily activities, we have a hard time "making time" for God! Most mornings, I drag out of bed at 5:55am (when Larry brings me my morning coffee....yes, he is the sweetest husband in the world) -- and by the time I'm fully coherent -- I don't have time to really listen to God. I generally mumble my prayers half-heartedly, read a few verses, and then jump in the shower. For the next forty days, I am making time with Jesus my priority. I am setting my alarm at 5:10am - and I will meet with God. I can't wait to see what He teaches me!
I'll keep you posted!!
Bookmark and Share

0 comments: