Sunday, April 26, 2009

Scripture Memory Round 8

I am VERY late in posting this verse. The next "round" will be next Saturday. Not sure how I missed my timing....probably because my life has been hectic (understatement) over the last two weeks.

Here's my verse:

"In my anguish I cried to the Lord, and He answered me by setting me free.
The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?
The Lord is with me; He is my Helper.
I will look in triumph on my enemies."

Psalms 118:5-7 (NIV)

Take that, enemies! My God is bigger, stronger, mightier than you can fathom. My God is the God of all creation. My God is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; the God who Saves. He is always with me, whispering sweet peace to me in times of turmoil. He calms my heart when I am faced with overwhelming fear.
Fear and anxiety can never overtake me because they bow to the Mighty God I serve.
My God is a GOOD God, He is my Helper at ALL times. When I am tempted, He reminds me of my way out; when I am doubtful, He reminds me that His Presence is not based on a feeling. When I am wallowing in a deep cavernous pit, He whisks me away to a spacious place and reminds me who I am as His Beloved.

My God loves me! What a comfort!

~Amy
Bookmark and Share

0 comments: