Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Confessions of an Heiress

I've changed the name of my blog to Confessions of an Heiress. Now, I'm not kidding myself in believing that I have a worldly fortune coming my way. No, this name comes from the REALITY of my inheritance in Christ.
Last night was the first night for the spring semester bible study at Houston's First Baptist. It's Living Proof ministry's bi-annual study taught by none other than Beth Moore (see earlier blog to know that Beth is my BFF....well, in my head anyway). The subject of this new study is the Inheritance, and last night we got a glimpse of what our true inheritance in Jesus Christ is. He made us for so much more than a mundane existence. We are REAL-LIFE HEIRS of God and co-heirs with Jesus Christ.
I am uber-excited to learn more over the next nine weeks, and I'm especially excited to see how God will use this study to open my eyes to His riches.

So, an earthly heiress I am not......but an heiress of something greater - - YES, I AM!!
Bookmark and Share

1 comments:

Kristy said...

I clicked on your blog from the LPM blog. I am so JEALOUS (With a Godly jealousy - I hope), that you get to attend Beth's bible study. When I saw it on her blog, I wished so badly that I lived near enough to go. I will be seeing her in April in New Orleans - but how awesome is it that you are in her bible study. Love the name of your blog!