Monday, January 19, 2009

Cooking update...

Well, I've discovered that my cooking handicap may be somewhat related to the efficiency of my oven (seriously!). Neighbor Kathryn (I must distinguish between Neighbor Kathryn and Daughter Kathryn) and I made Chicken Cordon Bleu - and we baked it according to the directions. However, when we took it out at the appropriate time indicated on recipe - it wasn't even halfway cooked. SO - I'm chalking up my half-baked cake drama to an improperly calibrated oven. There is such freedom in discovering my oven shortcomings.

A prayer for today: "Father how I thank You that my help comes from YOU, the Maker of heaven and earth..." Psalm 121:2

Now - if only You would help me in the kitchen.....
Bookmark and Share

1 comments:

Kelly Walker said...

great blog! And I'm glad you are able to pass the blame on to your oven! So...if you ever feel the need to cook, there is an oven and hungry people at my house!! LOL